Here’s a yummy Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe. It’s no bake and easy to prepare.
Warning: Unlike some of my sweet recipes, this is NOT low fat. I cut my bars into small squares. This is my attempt at portion control.
I have been wanting to try this recipe for some time. It is from AllRecipes.com. Recently, I noticed Peanut Butter Bars are popular and can be found all over the internet (on blogs and Pinterest.) My blogger buddy, Janae of Keeping Cents, made some last week and posted about it on her Facebook page. This got me motivated to finally make this sweet recipe.
I am glad I did. They are like homemade Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups. I love Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups. The difference is the homemade version is not as sweet which I think is a good thing.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
For peanut butter filling:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs – I used the ones from a box. You could make your own from graham crackers but you need to make sure they are finely crushed.
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, melted
For chocolate topping:
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
In a bowl, mix the graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter and melted butter using a hand mixer until well blended. Spread mixture evenly into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan lined with parchment or wax-paper.
Melt the chocolate chips with the peanut butter stirring until smooth. Spread melted chocolate mixture over the peanut butter filling mixture.
Refrigerate for at least one hour. I refrigerated for 1.5 hours and it was fine. Cut into squares.
Store in refrigerator.
- Some make this in a 9×9 pan. I prefer the bars thin so I make it in a 9×13 pan.
- I cut the bars into small squares (a little more than 1 inch square) so they are like Mini Reeces Peanut Butter Cups.
- I store them in the freezer.
Do you like the combination of chocolate and peanut butter?