During the past two weeks, I did a better job filling my freezer with homemade meals and breakfast items. I was more productive compared to my last freezer cooking post (March).
Here are a few meals and breakfast items I cooked and froze during the past two weeks.
- Whole Wheat Pancakes - I made this recipe times 3. Froze 3 dozen pancakes and stored the rest in the refrigerator. This recipe from Skinnytaste has replaced my old pancake recipe. It is a hit with the entire family.
- Low Fat Chocolate Mini Muffins – Froze about 6 dozen muffins.
- Cut up cooked chicken for future meals
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Recipe makes 12. Stored some leftovers in refrigerator and then froze the rest (4 pieces). This chicken dish is so delicious – another great recipe from Skinnytaste.
- Ground turkey in tomato sauce – One night I made turkey tacos and also ground turkey in tomato sauce. We ate the tacos that night but froze the ground turkey with tomato sauce (to serve over pasta another night).
What have you been freezer cooking lately?
I’m on a mission to make food ahead of time and freezing it. If you missed my previous Freezer Cooking posts, then be sure to find them HERE. My goal is to make and freeze food in less than 2 hours every 1 to 2 weeks. I don’t necessarily mean whole meals but food items that we can get from the freezer. It provides us homemade food that is convenient while also saving us money.