I have been filling my freezer with several homemade meals, snacks and breakfast items since my kids started school. The frozen meals help on busy nights. My family also enjoys having a variety of breakfast options besides cereal. It’s easy to warm up a banana loaf, waffle, french toast or muffin.
Here are the many meals, snacks and breakfast items I cooked and froze during the past few weeks.
- Applesauce Cinnamon Muffins – This is great for breakfast and snack time.
- Chocolate Mini Muffins – A nice sweet treat.
- Mini Banana Loaves. I highly recommend this banana loaf. It’s currently my favorite banana recipe. Recipe for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Loaves can be found on Skinny Taste. I didn’t change a thing to this recipe except I do make some without the chocolate chips. I bake these cute little loaves using a Petite Loaf Pan.
- Waffles using homemade baking mix. Please Note: I am now making my homemade baking mix with butter instead of shortening.
- French Toast Bites – I make homemade bread every other day. I often cut up my children’s sandwiches in cute shapes such dinosaurs, dolphins, and hearts using sandwich cutters. (My kids like getting these shaped sandwiches in their lunchboxes.) I don’t want to waste the outer parts of the bread slices. So I store the extra bread pieces in a freezer bag and when there’s enough pieces I make French Toast Bites.
- Homemade Hamburger Helper – Quick and easy recipe found on Chickens in the Road.
- Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Frozen Smoothie Pops stored in Silicone Ice Pop Makers. I put strawberry smoothies in the ice pop maker and freeze. Smoothie recipe is from 100 Days of Real Food. The smoothie pops makes a great snack. It’s my homemade healthy alternative to Gogurt.
- Ginger Peanut Chicken Salad Wraps – I froze just the chicken mix. My recipe is based off of this recipe.
- Chicken Cordon Bleu – This chicken dish is delicious. Chicken Cordon Bleu is another great recipe from Skinnytaste.
- Turkey Stroganoff – I make this with ground turkey or chicken. My recipe is based on this Beef Stroganoff recipe.
- Chili – I serve our chili with homemade cornbread.
What have you been freezer cooking lately?
I’m on a mission to make food ahead of time and freeze it. It provides us homemade food that is convenient while also saving us money. If you missed my previous Freezer Cooking posts, then be sure to find them HERE.
(This is linked to The Frugal Girls.)
(Note: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy here.)